Review - Green Lantern: Rise of the Third Army

Disclaimer: I received this book free from DC Entertainment in exchange for an honest review. I did not receive any form of compensation.

When I was given permission to review this TPB, I was ecstatic.  You have to understand, that even though I am a female, I grew up reading comic books.  And the Green Lantern Corps were some of my favorite comics.  Not only that, but I love playing DCUO and of course my favorite missions were those with the Green Lanterns.

First, the art work was incredible!  I loved every inch of drawing in this book. 

One of the things that I really liked was that they featured many of the Green Lanterns.  I know this isn’t popular opinion, but Guy Gardner was always my favorite Lantern.  So I was glad to see that he was featured quite a bit.  Of course, they also have Mogo, Hal Jordan, John Stewart, and a few others.  They also feature some of the other Lantern Corps besides just the Green Lanterns.  I remember when they started using the other color Lanterns more and more.  At first, I was pretty resistant to it, but then I finally warmed up to it.  This TPB integrates them in a way that even those staunchly against the other Corps will like them.

I don’t want to go too much into the plot because I really don’t want to spoil it for you.  It is so action packed that you will be kept on the edge of your seat the whole time.

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, New Start, New Hope

Murder is No Accident

April Fool Tarot Challenge