Huggable Amigurumi by Franziska Pfoser


Huggable Amigurumi

by Franziska Pfoser   IG: @franzi_einfach_tierisch



I am fairly new to crochet.  Well, I guess not since my mom tried to teach me back in the 80s.  However, she was a righty & I am a lefty.  So, I made a mess of things.  I gave up quickly.  I wish that I would have stuck with things though.  I was always enamored with all the wonderful things that my mom would make.  Now with all the tutorials on YouTube, I have been learning.  

Since I live in South Florida, I don't want to make tons of blankets like my mom did.  I also don't want to make hats and scarves that I won't be able to use.  So, I have been trying out fun and cute patterns that will hold my interest (especially since I am an extremely slow crocheter).  This book is full of squishy, adorable cuties!!  

Franzi has marked each pattern with stars to let you know how hard they are.  They range from 1 to 3 stars.  I am still sticking with a 1-star pattern.  Yes, I am still working on my first one.  It will take me forever to do.  However, she mentioned ergonomic needles in the book.  I am going to look into getting a set of those.  They might be easier for me to use.  I have been trying to crochet with regular needles and that has been difficult since my stroke.  

Each of these animals are XXL meaning that they are about the size of a toddler!!  And they are so adorable.  I was looking at the alpaca pattern and thought that if you could add a hump to its back, then it would look like a camel.  Then I remembered that I am not that advanced!  LOL!  That is something that my mom would do, she would be able to look at patterns and adjust them.  

Seriously though, who wouldn't want a huge cuddly penguin plushy in their house?  Or what about an elephant?  or seal?  They are all so cute.  

I included the author's Instagram handle at the top of the post so you can check out some of her creations.  At the time of this posting, she has a picture of the book (which is titled Big Buddies in Germany) and the penguin that is in the book as well.  There are pictures from her previous book, which looks like it was only published in German.  That one looks to have stuffed animals based on the popular video game Animal Crossing.  I absolutely love that game, so hopefully they will translate that one into English as well.


Thank you to NetGalley and Fox Chapel Publishing for providing me with a preview copy in exchange for an open and honest review.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges