Cirque Du Slay by Rob Osler


Cirque Du Slay

by Rob Osler narrated by Pete Cross

This is the 2nd book in a cozy mystery series.  I hadn't read the first book, and it definitely didn't hinder my enjoyment of this book. 

The book follows Hayden McCall and his friends as they walk the tight rope of life, love and solving a murder.  Hayden and his best friend Hollister are helping out with a fundraiser that is being hosted by Hollister's friend Sarah Lee.  However, the main act (Kennedy Osaka) for the fundraiser fails to show.  Since Sarah Lee is a longtime friend of Kennedy, she decides to look for her in Kennedy's hotel room.  Not only does Sarah Lee find Kennedy murdered, but she is found there by the police while holding the murder weapon.  Even though Hayden doesn't really like Sarah Lee, he decides to help his friend Hollister in clearing Sarah Lee's name.  

This book is phenomenal!    I listened to the entire book in one day.  I did have to pause a few times to walk away from the book, but that was with great reluctance.  I love the wonderful friendship between Hayden and all his quirky friends.  They will go to any length to help each other out.  When I say quirky, I really do mean it too.  One friend has a pot farm in her basement and raises emus.  The majority of the characters are LGBTQIA+ which isn't something that you see in a lot of cozy mysteries.  

Pete Cross did a wonderful job with his voices for the various characters.  He definitely kept me entertained with his narration.  

I am planning on getting Devil's Chew Toy (the first book in the series).  Even though some of the plot from that book was mentioned, I loved this book so much that I want to read the first one.

Definitely be on the lookout for this book as it is set to publish on March 5th.  It is a good one.

I would like to thank NetGalley and Dreamscape Media for providing me with a copy of this audiobook in exchange for an open and honest review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges