Not Your Crush's Cauldron by April Asher


Not Your Crush's Cauldron

Book 3 of Supernatural Singles

by April Asher narrated by Zura Johnson



This is the 3rd book in the series and I hadn't read any of the prior books.  This did not affect my ability to follow along with the story.  In fact, I absolutely loved this story.  As soon as I was done listening, I bought the first 2 books.  I can't wait to listen to those!!
Zura Johnson creates voices for the characters that fit their personality and has great intonation.  I do tend to listen to my books at 1.5X speed and the pacing at that rate was great.  This is the first book that I have listened to that she has narrated.  I plan to keep an ear out for more of her books.  

The series follows triplet witches as they try to discover their true selves as well as their one true love.  In Not Your Crush's Cauldron, we get to know Olive (the 3rd born of the triplets) much more.  She is a reserved, down-to-Earth professor that teaches supernatural studies.  She has a normal routine that she likes to follow.  However, in order to get a grant approved, she assigns her classes to write a Dare I Docket.  What is a Dare I Docket, you ask?  It is a list of tasks that are out of your normal comfort zone that you are willing to complete.  Then you have to check each of them off.  These tasks can't be life-threatening or be so out of your comfort zone that you will have a total meltdown.  

Her new roommate, Bax Donovan, has been her longtime friend and major crush. He is the complete opposite of Olive.  She starts to realize that she is stuck in a rut and decides to write her own Dare I Docket.  Now Bax has been assigned to be her guardian angel, but he can't tell her.

Sparks not only fly, but boy do the pages start to sizzle!  Here is a warning to those who like to listen without ear buds or headsets, there are quite a few steamy sex scenes.

While you are waiting on your own book to come in or download, what would you put on your very own Dare I Docket?

Thank you NetGalley and Dreamscape Media for providing me with a copy of this audiobook in exchange for an open and honest review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges