lost

Well, I know that I haven't really posted anything in a very long time. The last few things that I have actually posted were just quizes. There has been a lot of shit going on with me.

My thyroid condition has worsened greatly. I finally found a great pcp to go to. Anyone in the south florida area needing a good pcp, you need to check out Dr. West-Ky Abrams. He is great! Anyway, he did a lot of testing on me and my thyroid. I went through a nuclear medicine study of my thyroid and found that I have cold nodules on it. Basically, there are a two main types of nodules that can be found. Hot nodules which are never cancerous. And cold nodules which could be either cancerous, benign, or cysts. So he sent me for an ultrasound of my thyroid. The majority of what they found were cysts. There are some solid nodules that I need to have biopsied though. I did some research and found out that only 1% of solid thyroid nodules are actually cancerous. So I don't have too much worry about that.

However, he also did a full panel of labs on me. He said that this was the worst condition that he has EVER seen anyone's thyroid labs to be. The only number that I remember was for my TSH. Basically a normal TSH level should be between 0.5 and 5.0. Mine was 79.3. That is nearly 16 times higher then it should be. My body has been achy. I can barely stay awake anymore. I have slipped into a deeper depression. All of this is due to my thyroid. I have an appointment on the 23rd with a new endocrinologist. Dr Abrams told me that they will more then likely have to remove my thyroid completely. At least I know why I have been feeling this way. Hopefully, this new endo will get me in and get the surgery done quickly. I don't know how much more I can take physically and mentally. I actually sat in Dr. Abrams office on Monday crying. I just can't keep going like this.

It isn't going to be an easy surgery to recover from. I just want to get it over with so I can get on the way to healing!

I don't like forgetting everything. I don't like not having the energy to go anywhere or do anything. I had to resign from the board at the Fellowship and from all committees because between me being sick and my mom, I just didn't have energy to do it anymore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges