Splintered Icon

This book serendipitously fell into my hands. I had been very bored with reading lately. All of the books that are sitting here crying for me to read them, just haven't been grabbing my attention. Sure they are all books that I would normally devour. However, I was just wanting something different. Something that wasn't like my normal reading style.

The other day at work, Jodi (the center manager) was going through the old lost and found drawer. There were things sitting in there since ancient times. She decided to give items that were rather old to the employees. There was quite a bit of jewelry in the find. I am not one to be attracted to shiny objects.

One of the last things she pulled out was a book. She handed it over to one of the other girls. I was crest fallen at this. Out of everything there, that would be the one thing I would cherish. Books are my precious.

Thankfully, Vane doesn't like to read. She just let the book lay there. I snatched it up quickly. The cover was very interesting.

That night, I curled up with the book. It held my interest from page 1. There were two tales intertwining into each other like long lost lovers.

In modern day, you have Harry who is a normal every day antique book store owner. A short stubby man hired him to decipher a journal. Little did he know that his plebian life was about to be turned upside down.

Travel back in time, to bonny ol' Scotland. James had an incredible thirst for knowledge. His farmer step-father disapproved of his intellect. James finally decided to risk it all and leave his small hut and the only life he knew. Every turn was filled with adventure and intrigue.

I could barely put this book down. Bill Napier wrote in such a way, that I felt like I was right there. I could imagine the boat rocking and being thrown about during the storms. I could picture myself right along with them in the car chases. You never know what twist lies ahead in this book.

This is definitely one to buy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges