Monday, Monday

The Question of the Day over at the Monday, Monday meme:
What’s on your agenda for today? As for me, I’ve got the day off to spend with my husband. We’ll probably end up at the movies. Any suggestions?

Unfortunately, I have to work today. I really don't feel like going in at all. The last few weeks I have been taked off of my job to do another one that no one else wants to do. The reason for this is that in a normal day, I spend 5 hours doing my job and the last 3 hours doing closing work. So, I only have 5 hours a day to get my job done. This never works out at all. That isn't nearly enough time. So the boss took me off of that job for "one week" to show me that it can be done. Well, I made the mistake of commenting that the person who was doing my job was there for 8 hours. I told her that I knew that it could be done in 8 hours. I just couldn't get it done in 5. Well, I later found out that she hadn't been doing all of my work. Just some of it. So, this goes to show that she only accomplished part of my job in 8 hours.

Well, this leads us to today. I have been off of my job now for 3 weeks. I have a feeling that today will be starting week 4. I do have to admit that the other job is much easier. It has less stress. But still, its the principle of the matter.

I especially don't want to deal with all of that crap today since its my birthday. In our center, they celebrate birthdays of those they want to. If you are one of the popular people, then you get cake, present, and an extra break. Everyone, including us not in the popular crowd, are crowded into the lunch room and sing happy birthday to the recipient.

However, let me recap how my last two birthdays went. The first year I was there, they got cake (only because someone wanted something sweet to eat that day). I was working at the front desk registering patients. They brought me a piece up to the front desk. I made a comment thanking them for getting me a birthday cake. They said, "Oh yea! Happy Birthday." Come to find out it wasn't for my birthday at all. It was because someone was PMSing.

Last year, my birthday came and went without even a sneeze in my general direction. About a week later, I was talking to one of the other employees about a computer game that I had been playing. He asked when I got it. I told him that I just got it for my birthday. He then asked when my birthday was and I told him. Now this is one of the popular people that actually considers me a friend. So he went out and bought me a cake himself.

Now we get to this year. Friday was another woman's birthday. Once again, she is in the same crew as me. She is one of the unpopulars. A few of the others said happy birthday to her, but they didn't even bother to get her a cake.

I know this is petty of me, but they make us feel like lepers on any other day of the year. We shouldn't have to feel even more ostracized on our birthdays too. So we shall see. I doubt that they will do anything for me.

Tonight, my sister and brother-in-law are ordering pizza and we are having a nice quiet evening in. Plus my sister is picking up a cake from Cold Stone Creamery. They keep asking me what I want for my birthday. I honestly don't even know.

Since I am losing weight, my clothes are all getting baggy on me. However, I am confident that I am going to continue with the weight loss. So getting clothes for my birthday will just be a waste.

I love playing computer games, but I have so many right now, that I really don't need any more. I also can't think of any one particular game that I am dying to have.

The only thing that I can think of would be probably too expensive for them to get me. In the past, they have always gotten me either really cheap gifts or a $25 gift card. So I can't really imagine them getting me anything decent.

The only things I can think of would be an i-Pod (yes I am a techno geek without one!), a Nintendo DS (and no they aren't just for kids!), The Simpsons Game for Wii, Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire for Wii, Looney Tunes: Acme Arsenal for Wii, or the WiFi Max for Wii. Ok so I guess I can think of a few things. LOL!

Yes we have a Wii at home. The main reason we have it is because Steve wanted it so badly for his birthday. He begged and begged for it. He played it for like the first two days we got it. After that, the only one that has been playing it is me. It is actually fun. I was shocked. I love playing the Pirates of the Carribean game.

As far as suggesting movies to see, I have been wanting to see The Heartbreak Kid, Michael Clayton, and The Seeker.

Well, its off to the hell hole that they insist on calling work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges