The State of the Enviornment

Bloggers Unite - Blog Action Day


Good Morning everyone! Today is October 15th also known as Blog Action Day. It is today around the glob that bloggers will unite and blog about the environment.

The environmental cause has been one that has been dear to my heart since I was a teen. There are many easy ways that everyone can help out.

You would not believe how many people say the words, "But my little bit won't make a difference."

No but when you add it all up, it does. Being green isn't a fad. Being green isn't a passing phase. We need to make it a lifestyle.

Here are a few simple tips that can help out:

1. Use halogen light bulbs. They cut down on electricity. They last longer. And they end up saving you money.

2. Recycle. I remember going to a nature preserve in Ft Myers and all of the "wooden" walkways were actually made from recycled plastic. So I actually saw recycled material put to good use.

3. If you aren't using an electronic device (tv, radio, etc) turn it off. My brother-in-law will have tvs on in every room tuned to the same station. He says thats in case he is up walking around the house he won't miss his show. Turn them off. Its not necessary to leave them on.

4. Take a bag with you when you go shopping. Many stores allow you to bring a canvas sack. This saves on paper and plastic.

5. When planting a garden, try to use plants that are local to your area. They will be used to the climate and will require less care.

6. Try to attract birds to your garden. They will eat aphids and other bugs. This way you won't need to use the pesticides.

7. While brushing your teeth, turn the water off. You don't need it on the whole time. Just have it on when you need it.

There are many other things you can do. I won't overwhelm you with all of them.

Enjoy the day and be earth friendly.

Comments

Gellianne said…
Hi,Wakela!I am guilty with no.7.Thank you for the reminder.
Take care.
Wakela said…
Its hard to remember sometimes. I know that I am guilty of it too. I try my best though. I guess thats all we can do. At least if we try, we are making a difference.

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges