Dear Demon Barber Confessional

visit the official Sweeney Todd movie site

When I first heard months ago that they were remaking Sweeney Todd I was excited. Once I found out that it was being done by Tim Burton, I was in awe. I can't wait for this movie to be released.

For those of you who don't know the history of this movie, it was first released in theaters in 1936. Yes, you read that right. However, that was not the first appearance of Sweeney Todd. There were stories written about him in the late 1800s. There are some arguments as to whether or not Sweeney Todd actually existed. In the late 70s and early 80s, Sweeney Todd was released as a musical starring Angela Lansbury.

First off, the movie stars Johnny Depp. Can we say yummy? He is a great actor and really gets into character. I can't wait to see him as the great Demon Barber himself!

Then we have Mrs. Lovett being portrayed by Helena Bonham Carter. She is a pretty good actress. I just keep picturing her as Bellatrix Lestrange though.

Finally, we have Alan Rickman as Judge Turpin. He is an awesome actor. I know he is going to totally rock that part.

They have even created a MySpace for the movie. If you have MySpace head on over and visit Sweeney Todd on MySpace.

In addition to that, they have a website has a Demon Barber Confessional going on. You can head on over to the site to confess your dastardly deeds or you can go ahead and start confessing right here.

I guess I will start with a dastardly dead that I had done. When I was in 5th grade, all the kids on the block used to hang out together outside. There was a little 4 year old girl who kept trying to hang out with us. I still remember her name, Lisa. We used to get really annoyed. We didn't want a little kid hanging out with us. We used to taunt her horrendously. One day, she kept following us around. A bunch of us ran over to a lemon tree at a neighbor's house. We picked lemons and started throwing them at her. Even though I normally have extremely bad aim, I managed to hit her in an eye with a lemon that was split open. I still feel bad to this day about it. I didn't want to hurt her, I just didn't want her following us around.

Ok, what do you have to confess to?

I do have to admit that even though this ended up being a PayPerPost, I had still planned on blogging about this movie. I just came upon the opportunity to get paid for it before I had the chance to finish the post.

Comments

Betty said…
I'm not familiar with Sweeney Todd at all, but I'm happy for you as you sound so excited about this.

Have a good weekend, Wakela. Hope you are feeling better.

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges