rough night

Well, mom's pain was totally unbearable last night. I kept my head on though. The ibuprofen wasn't working & the restoril for sleep wasn't helping either. So I called the hospice nurse. They got an order from the doctor to open the comfort pack and give her some morphin. In the meantime, they would be sending a nurse over to evaluate the situation. So I gave her .25 ml like they told me on the phone. They said if that didn't help her in 45 minutes, I could give her another .25 ml. I ended up giving her the 2nd dose. The nurse got to the house shortly after she fell asleep. He checked her out. They are going to put her on continuous care temporarily until she is out of the pain zone. I had to give her another dose at 2am. Since she barely opened her eyes when I tried giving it to her, I only gave her the .25 ml instead of the .5 ml. I am afraid of giving too much. I know that the nurse said I could give her .5 ml, but she just was so out of it.

They have sent another nurse over now. She is going to stay here for awhile. My mom has been placed under continuous care until her pain is managed. The nurse said to go ahead and have the sitter come in while I am at work. She said it will be better that way since my mom knows the sitter and will get a little less confused seeing people she knows here.

Well, I need to get a few things done before getting ready for work. I am so exhausted. I didn't sleep good at all last night. I had to wake up at 2 am and 7 am to give her meds. Plus I was worried about her so I got up a few other times to go check on her. Oh well, I have to leave for work in two hours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges