Early Review -The Hunchback of Neiman Marcus

image

Book Description

 

Say hello to Holly—a writer way behind on her deadline whose fiftieth birthday is rushing at her like a freight train. Which might not seem so bad if her hormones weren’t making her feel like a Szechuan flambĂ©, her editor wasn’t calling every day to tighten the screws, and her eighty-year-old mother wasn’t biting her nurses because the doctor’s been feeding her enough steroids to kill an elephant. Not to mention the fact that Holly’s daughter has just begun applying to colleges (none of which are within a thousand mile radius of home) and, lately, her husband’s been such an irritating, finger-pointing stinker that she’s found herself dreaming of ways to spend his insurance money…

The Hunchback of Neiman Marcus dances effortlessly between the hilarious and the heart-wrenching, the preposterous and the painfully familiar, leaping from the page in a completely unexpected and original way.

Sonya Sones is the author of four acclaimed novels for teens—Stop Pretending: What Happened When My Big Sister Went Crazy; What My Mother Doesn’t Know; One of Those Hideous Books Where The Mother Dies; and What My Girlfriend Doesn’t Know. She lives in California with her family, and only shops at Neiman’s when they’re having a sale.

Book Review

 

Nothing could have prepared me for this book.  For some reason, they author decided to write the entire novel in a series of poems.  This was definitely not what I was expecting after looking at the cover of the book and reading the description.

The story that Sonya Sones tells is interesting, funny, and very fitting for many women.  However, I feel that by writing it in prose, she will lose a lot of readers.  The story did not gain anything by the manner of writing.

However, since it is written in prose, it is a lot quicker to read.  I got through it in only a couple of hours.  So you should not be put off by the style of writing.  The story is still very much relevant to any woman going through empty nest syndrome and/or menopause.

 

In conjunction with the Wakela's World Disclosure Statement, I received a product in order to enable my review. No other compensation has been received. My statements are an honest account of my experience with the brand. The opinions stated here are mine alone.



Comments

http://www.johnreview.info/2011/03/300-internet-marketers.html Thanks for that awesome posting. It saved MUCH time :-)
hey man, nice blog,I really like it and added it to bookmarks. keep up with good work
Gaston Erck said…
You really make it appear really easy along with your presentation but I in finding this matter to be actually something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complex and very huge for me. I am looking ahead in your subsequent submit, I’ll attempt to get the cling of it!
Neiman Marcus said…
[...] Neiman Marcus, spinning a funny, fierce, and piercingly honest coming-of-middle-age story about fallNeiman Marcus - Celebrated YA novelist Sonya Sones makes a HUGE splash with her first adult novel, The Hunchback [...]
The layout is what really caught my eye, then the i looked at the writing and i think you did a very nice job. Good work:)
tarot said…
It's weird how people comment so different about your post.
http://heatinginfloor.com/ Thanks for that awesome posting. It saved MUCH time :-)
ontmaagd worden said…
Ben jij al ontmaagd? Nee? nog niet? kom dan snel naar ontmaagd worden en grijp je kans.
stop fascism said…
It's weird how people comment so different about your post.
Hey there, your site really is useful. I wanted to help your customers be aware of an English B&B in Portugal. short break portugal
xs energy drink said…
xs energy drink Prepare yourself to make sure you great time your power points in to large equipment by working with xs energy drink. Remarkable electric power proprietary combination of herbal selections together robust stages of vitamin supplements, and crucial amino acids, make a good solid bomb centric elevate any time during. Lots of the blood sugar as well as and the consumption of calories have been completely removed which means you can stimulate your system and head while not parking body fat. Every single xs energy drink has fantastic preference and also gratification are just a a small amount of wine beverages away.
Andrew Pelt said…
Hey there, your website is really valuable. I want to let your viewers be aware of an British B&B in Portugal. weekend break portugal
SEO Services said…
This Blog was most helpful, your ideas are straight to the point, and the colors are cool too.
Sites we like...

[...] you'd be amazed by info these site have...
Anti Wrinkle Treatments Essentially, the skin care reviews provide you with recommendations on which necessary advantages you ought to get from the natual skin care products. For instance, will the cosmetic product rejuvenate the skin using its rejuvenating features? The skin care solution must have stimulating materials like Vit A treatment and Hyaluronic Acid (HA). Therefore if you’re priority is to make the skin younger take a look for product labeling containing the mentioned components.
Between me and my husband we've owned more MP3 players over the years than I can count, including Sansas, iRivers, iPods (classic & touch), the Ibiza Rhapsody, etc. But, the last few years I've settled down to one line of players. Why? Because I was happy to discover how well-designed and fun to use the underappreciated (and widely mocked) Zunes are.
valvoline said…
motorno olje valvoline
Visit out my page that I just finished yesterday.
pinnaclesports said…
bokkmaker pinnacle sports
Very lovely article, cheers.

I have bookmarked your great site.
I apperceive i am a small away topic, but i just funds to say i adulation the blueprint of the blog. i am new in the direction of blogegine platform, so any tips on accepting my web page analytic good can be appreciated.
Maya Henebry said…
Some tips i have observed in terms of computer system memory is always that there are technical specs such as SDRAM, DDR and many others, that must go with the specific features of the motherboard. If the pc's motherboard is very current and there are no operating system issues, changing the memory literally takes under sixty minutes. It's among the list of easiest laptop or computer upgrade types of procedures one can consider. Thanks for sharing your ideas. ...
online nursing degree programs
Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I've truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again soon!
modular home said…
modular home
As a Newbie, I am permanently browsing online for articles that can help me. Appreciate it
CNA Training said…
CNA Training Classes
Keep functioning ,remarkable job!
Juana Zuckerman said…
Durch etwas Muskeltraining baut man im ganzen Körper Muskeln auf, es müssen ja nicht viel sein, aber jedes Kilo Muskeln, das wir aufbauen, verbrennt 2,5 Kilogramm Fett im Jahr. Das ist ein Argument dafür auch 1-2 mal die Woche die Hanteln zu schwingen.
Web-site said…
Web blog This is a surprisingly outstanding page.
Frankie Rolark said…
Rates always seem to be changing in that industry but I would just call around to the major trucking companies and ask them what one could expect for a starting salary. The site below might be able to help you better and connect you with a bunch of different truck drivers out there.
john said…
I constituted solely trying this phenomenal information awhile. Right after 6 hours along the lines of uninterrupted Googleing, at last I got it in your site . I inquire whats the general shortage for example Google regimen that dont social station this particular rather enlightening blog articles in pinnacle of each and every inclination . Most of the highest regarded web sites are full for instance garbage .
Jarred Hiemstra said…
Hello.This article was really interesting, especially since I was investigating for thoughts on this matter last Sunday.
Thanh Tervo said…
Hey. I just found some coupons for those people interested in good hosting from a company called HostGator. CostChomp25 saves you 25%, and CostChomp994 gives you $9.94 off your order. I've used the 25% one and it worked out great! Hope this helps someone! :)
I was just talking about this with my brother.
nursing degree said…
cna certification
I carry on listening to the rumor speak about getting free online grant applications so I have been looking around for the finest site to get one. Could you advise me please, where could i get some?
I could really learn a thing or two from you!! Great writing! Thanks .

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges