Review–A Conversation With God

 

image

Book Description

 

A front row seat to a fascinating conversation between God, Jesus, and other biblical characters answering important questions about life and faith.

A Conversation with God allows readers a one-on-one dialogue with God, his son Jesus, and other important men and women from the Bible as they respond to questions and concerns relevant to the Christian faith. The questions, in some cases hard-hitting, cover issues that have troubled believers and seekers since the beginning of time. Each answer is based on Scripture and written with the warmth and intimacy of a Heavenly Father relating to His child.

Categories and sample questions include:

*God, how can we believe that You created us? *Why weren't all early writings included in the Bible? *How should we prepare for the end of the world? *Jesus, can I lose my salvation? *What will we look like in heaven? *God, does choice extend to abortion?

Book Review

 

The concept of this book was interesting.  I had some high hopes for this book when I first picked it out at BookSneeze.  Unfortunately, I didn’t get everything I had hoped for.

The book is set up in an interview type format.  The reader is asking God, Jesus, and several other participants questions.  These are some tough hitting questions too.  The responses weren’t as powerfully moving as I would have hoped. 

Please bear in mind that Gansky is stating that he is answering questions in the voice of Jesus and God.  So you would expect the answers to be very authoritative but loving.  This was not the case.  In my opinion, the answers were very thinly written. 

I do have to state that the information provided was good.  I just felt that the author portrayed God, Jesus, and the others as weaker then they are.

Another thing that would have been nice would have been the use of footnotes instead of endnote.  Every time he marked something as having an end note, you would have to flip all the way to the back of the book.  He did have the entire Bible verse written out there.  Instead he could have just listed book, chapter, and verse down at the bottom to allow readers to look it up themselves in their own versions of the Bible, which is what I did anyway since I have a preference.  And the author seems to pick and choose which version of the Bible he wants to quote.  He has seven different versions listed that he quotes from.  Most people don’t go back and forth between versions like that.  Most people have a preferred version and stick with that one. 

In the end, I just don’t feel like this book lived up to the expectations that it gave.

In conjunction with the Wakela's World Disclosure Statement, I received a product in order to enable my review. No other compensation has been received. My statements are an honest account of my experience with the brand. The opinions stated here are mine alone.



Comments

john said…
I was simply seeking this amazing written content awhile. Soon after 6 non stop along the lines of uninterrupted Googleing, at long last I got it in your blog . I enquire whats precisely the lack much like Google regimen the exact dont rank this amazing kind of illuminating blog articles in top of each and every lean . Most of the the best websites are full for example garbage .

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges