Review–Hollywood Nobody and Special Offer

Book Description

 

Fifteen-year-old Scotty Dawn travels to movie sets with her mom, Charley, a food designer. Scotty is determined to discover what she wants from life. She’s even documenting the journey on her “Hollywood Nobody” blog. But as Scotty begins to ask tough questions, will her story have a happy ending?

image

Book Review

 

I usually don’t like to start a review with the bad part of the book, but here it goes.  The worst part was that I couldn’t put it down.  Literally!  I was unable to sleep last night, so at 1am I started reading.  I didn’t go to sleep after 4am when I finally finished the book.  I read it in one sitting, that’s how good the book was.

The way the book was written was very interesting.  It was part blog, part diary, and part live action. 

Scotty Dawn has lived her life on the road with her mom.  They travel from movie location to movie location in their old beat up RV.  The little human contact she has comes from internet, CB radio, and on the set.  She has never had the time to make friends her own age.

As most normal teenage girls, Scotty writes her pains and joys in her diary.  However, at this newest location, she decides to start a blog.   This blog is going to dish on all the juicy gossip she picks up on the sets.  She calls herself Hollywood Nobody because even though she is around all these famous people, she is just a speck in the background.

Things start getting weirder then normal.  Charlley is looking much more scared then usual.  Scotty couldn’t help but to start asking questions.  Did she really want the answers to those questions though.

Being on the road as much as she was, Scotty never had the opportunity to learn about Jesus or God.  As they are entering town, she notices a sign for a tent revival and decides to go.  It’s interesting to hear her views on the tent revival.  Especially since she has had no connection with any Church. 

This book is written towards the YA crowd, but I feel it is one of those that can be read and enjoyed by any age.  There are several in this series.  This was book one.  One thing I like about the book, is that it answered enough questions that you feel satisfied , but left some unanswered that you still want more. 

Special Offer

 

The publisher, NavPress, has been gracious enough to extend a special offer to my readers.  If you use this discount code, you will save 30% off your next order.  I checked and you can use it for whatever you want from their site.  They have some wonderful fiction books, Bibles, Bible studies, and so much more.   It can only be used on their site though.  So head on over to NavPress and save money.  And don’t forget to use the code below when you check out. 

K60F1N5A6

 

In conjunction with the Wakela's World Disclosure Statement, I received a product in order to enable my review. No other compensation has been received. My statements are an honest account of my experience with the brand. The opinions stated here are mine alone.



Comments

Merhar said…
I've linked to your blog post, pehaps you may want to link back?
Leslie Medicine said…
Thanks for the article it was really informative and exactly what I was searching for.
James Arsham said…
It agree, a useful phrase
Barkski said…
I reckon something truly special in this site.
SEO Services said…
Im trying to start my own blog, so ive been searching and this is the best one if seen so far, Great Job!!!
I think this blog information is very educational, especially to those who like myself are outside the academic background, but is interestedto learn about the creating and visual arts.
[...] This is the second book in the Hollywood Nobody series.  I already did a review on the first book, Hollywood Nobody. [...]
Tabatha Shonts said…
Hey. I just found some coupons for those people interested in good hosting from a company called HostGator. CostChomp25 saves you 25%, and CostChomp994 gives you $9.94 off your order. I've used the 25% one and it worked out great! Hope this helps someone! :)
[...] off, let me say that I had received the first 2 books (Hollywood Nobody and Finding Hollywood Nobody) free through the NavPress Blogger Review Program.  I had already [...]

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges