Review–Reading Lips

Reading Lips: A Memoir of Kisses

 

Book Description

 

Kisses, even the ones that don’t happen, can be the trace of what’s constant when life changes. In childhood, when what seems to define everything is competition for style, for knowing, for experience a kiss is the first first. When a girl’s father moves out and chooses a new family, a kiss on the head from him may be the trace of constancy that she wants most. Later, such things take on a different flavor. Sometimes the kiss she wants doesn’t come. Sometimes the one she wouldn’t have is forced upon her. From time to time, the one she has kissed before is lost to her. Some kisses are final. When things are most hectic a kiss can be a celebration. And when circumstances grow threatening to a woman, her family, her sister a kiss becomes the reassertion of the most vital connections. The rich story in these essays rings with good humor and with moving wistfulness. Throughout, Sternbach maintains a perfect balance between them as her story moves from the bittersweet desires of childhood on through loss and love. Reading Lips is the tale of one woman who is just trying to get life right.

 

Book Review

 

This is one of those stories, that really touches your heart.  You follow Claudia on her growth through life.  Some of it was very hilarious, such as her sisters walking in on her while she is practicing to kiss on her arm in preparation of kissing Jimmy.  Other times, the kisses are bittersweet.

There are so many different types of kisses and you experience Claudia’s life through each one.  It’s definitely a unique way of looking at life, one kiss at a time.  You experience the anticipation of a great kiss, the let down of a bad kiss, and the sorrow of a goodbye kiss.

In conjunction with the Wakela's World Disclosure Statement, I received a product in order to enable my review. No other compensation has been received. My statements are an honest account of my experience with the brand. The opinions stated here are mine alone.



Comments

Daily Journey said…
This book sounds so very good

A different way to jounrey through ones life through kissing. Id have to say there have been funny ones sad ones disappointing ones silly ones and so much more. Interesting

Blessings
Karen said…
Great blog here i like all the information thats being shared, congratulations.
Kit said…
This is the best blog I've ever seen in my life! I really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to share this with everyone.
Ivonne Saylors said…
I must know where you got your layout from im trying to start my own blog and yours is the coolest.
Can I please ask your honest opinion? can you visit my site and tell me if it looks ok? the theme and design I mean..thanks
Damon Holowell said…
Spot on with this write-up, I actually suppose this website wants rather more consideration. I’ll probably be once more to learn rather more, thanks for that info.
That is the appropriate blog for anybody who wants to search out out about this topic. You notice so much its almost arduous to argue with you (not that I really would want:HaHa). You undoubtedly put a brand new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Nice stuff, just great!
Elvin Giese said…
We're incessantly dreamed about this, thankyou for posting .
you obtained a instead excellent website, Glad I seen it via yahoo.
john said…
I constituted strictly assaying this amazing articles awhile. Right after 6 for hours much like continuous Googleing, in the end I got it in your blog . I inquire whats precisely the general shortage such as Google strategy the store's dont rank this phenomenal kind of enlightening blogs in summit of each inclination . Most of the most recognized articles or content are full for example food waste .
john said…
I comprised rigorously seeking this unique material awhile. Shortly after 6 right through the day similar to continuous Googleing, finally I got it in your site . I wonder whats the scarcity such as Google regime this dont rank this kind of sort of illuminating content in pinnacle of each list . Often the top quality content are full similar to food waste .

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges