A Novel Seduction

image

Book Description

 

When snobbish book critic Ellery Sharpe screws up at Vanity Place magazine, her boss assigns her the ultimate punishment: write an ode to romance novels, a genre she considers the literary equivalent of word search puzzles. To make matters worse, he hires her sexy former party boy ex, Axel Mackenzie, to shoot the photos. Axel really wants the project to succeed. For one, the magazine will double his fee if he convinces strong-willed Ellery to write a story no woman can resist. Besides, getting Ellery to fall for romance novels might be just the push she needs to believe people can change . . . even him. At his sister’s advice, Axel gives Ellery a copy of Kiltlander, a much-adored romance whose warrior hero is utterly irresistible. To her dismay, Ellery finds herself secretly falling in love with the story—and with Axel, who’s drawing his own lessons from the book’s compelling hero. With her carefully crafted image of herself crumbling and her dream job on the line, will Ellery risk it all to make the leap from tight-lipped literati to happily-ever-after heroine?

Book Review

 

I absolutely LOVED this book.  It was such a great read.  I didn’t want to put it down at all.

I love the way that Gwyn Cready writes.  She has such a wonderful wit that I was laughing until I hurt!  In fact, in one part of the book she was talking about this book Kiltlander that Ellery was reading.  When Ellery and the reading group talked about some of the things they did when they were involved in a book, I couldn’t stop laughing.  I have been in their places, even going as far as calling in sick to work in order to complete some really great books.  Or maybe going in late if it was just a little bit more to read. 

I loved the interplay between Ellery and Axel.  You really cheer for them as a couple.  And of course, want to knock them upside the head when they are being stubborn!

The only downside is that I wish Vamp and Kiltlander were real novels.  They sounded so interesting that I wanted to read them as well.  Maybe Gwyn Cready will decide to write them.  One can hope.  Because I too want to know what happens to Jemmie and Cara. 




A Novel Seduction (9781451612646): Gwyn Cready: Books

ISBN: 1451612648
ISBN-13: 9781451612646




Comments

Elaine said…
I believe that Kiltlander is a parody of a real book called "Outlander" by Diana Gabaldon. The hero and heroine are Jamie and Claire. Coincidence..... I think not. The Outlander series contains 7 books so far with Ms. Gabaldon currently writing book #8. Check it out, I guarantee you'll love it.
You require to discover involved in the tournament something like of the best online pages on line.

I will recommend this website!

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges