Families and other nonreturnable gifts

image

Book Description

 

Despite her name, Keats Sedlak is the sanest person in her large, nutty family of brilliant eccentrics. Her parents, both brainy academics, are barely capable of looking after themselves, let alone anyone else, and her two uber-intelligent siblings live on their own planets.

At least she can count on one person in her life, her devoted boyfriend Tom. Down-to-earth and loving, he's the one thing that's kept Keats grounded for the last decade. But when Keats's mother makes a surprise announcement, the entire family is sent into a tailspin. For the first time, Keats can't pick up the pieces by herself. Now she must reevaluate everything she's ever assumed about herself and her family-and make the biggest decision of her life.

Book Review

 

This was an interesting book, but I am not so sure if I actually liked it.  Keats’s family was quite annoying.  I guess it’s just that most of the time people read to escape realities and this was too much like reality.

I was hoping for it to be more of a comedy then anything else.  The description of the book gave it so much potential.

This was the first book I have read by this author.  I had seen people gushing over her past works.  So I don’t know whether or not this book is indicative of her other stuff or if this was just a fluke.

In conjunction with the Wakela’s World Disclosure Statement, I received a product in order to enable my review. No other compensation has been received. My statements are an honest account of my experience with the brand. The opinions stated here are mine alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges