The Immortal Lost

image

Book Description

 

Dylan Black grew up as an outcast. She had few people she considered friends, and even fewer she could hope to trust. Coping with her extraordinary abilities at an early age, she learned to hide what others found extremely bizarre, until the day came that she discovered who and what she really was. It was the day the Immortals walked into her life, giving her the answers she had longed for. Or so she thought.


Thrown into an unfamiliar world and hunted by those who desire to use her for her gifts, she has no choice but to trust in one man, a Guardian assigned to protect her, and to keep her safe from the darkness that would surely enslave or destroy her.


Alessar Belmonte had no idea that protecting a young, inexperienced Immortal like Dylan Black could be so difficult for a skilled guardian like himself. Little did he know that her talented gifts would be desired by every Dark Immortal looking to gain control and power. His desire to protect her from the darkness overwhelms him, but no more so than the desire to have her for himself.

Book Review

 

I very rarely address covers when I do a review, but I was compelled to on this book.  I absolutely love the cover art!  It is very simple and clean cut, but there is just something about it that pulls you into it.

Just the other day, I was having a discussion with some friends about how some of the newer authors skimp out during their characters creations.  They don’t create characters that seem to pop off the page.  We also notice this is happening more and more in the TV and Movie industry as well.

Let me tell you, H. R. Phillips may have written a semi-short novel, but she created characters that were so dynamic you were going through their emotions right along with them.  The book was so engrossing that I couldn’t put it down.  I read it all in one sitting and definitely wanted more.

I can’t wait until the next book in the series comes out.  I just have to find out what happens next.  I love books that leave you with the feeling of sadness because it ended.  You know the type.  The books where you were so involved in the story that when it ends you feel as if a part of you has ended too because your “friends” aren’t in your life anymore.  This is one of those books.  But I know that my “friends” will be back in the next book, so now I have to wait impatiently for them to come back on their next visit with me.




The Immortal Lost (9781617394409): H. R. Phillips: Books

ISBN: 1617394408
ISBN-13: 9781617394409


In conjunction with the Wakela’s World Disclosure Statement, I received a product in order to enable my review. No other compensation has been received. My statements are an honest account of my experience with the brand. The opinions stated here are mine alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges