FireSong

image

Book Description

 

What would you do if your country church was hit by a rogue tornado during services? What if wild winds unearthed the bones of a missing parishioner in a nearby wheat field? Now add the discovery of heroin in your elderly minister's bloodstream.  The Genesee Valley is in chaos. A new batch of drugs is on the street, endangering local students. The local salt mine collapses due to illegal mining practices. Watering holes turn to brine. Crops are dying. Tempers are short. To top it off, the new salt mine lies directly over ancient Indian burial grounds, bringing anguish to local tribes and inciting riots. When Gus LeGarde is thrown into the middle of the mess, he knows life has finally gone berserk in East Goodland.

Join Gus as he's lured into a bizarre network of underground tunnels where he discovers the shock of his life and potential links to the Underground Railroad.

Book Review

 

This was the first book in the Gus LeGarde mystery series that I have had the chance to read.  It was quite amazing. 

You get sucked into the story from the beginning when the town is struck by a tornado.  And if a serious tornado wasn’t bad enough, things started getting even more crazy with all the goes on.

Aaron Paul Lazar definitely knows how to write a gripping tale with extremely well rounded characters.  Even though this was the fifth book in the series, I didn’t feel like I was missing anything.  I was able to pick up the characters like we were long lost friends.

I will definitely be looking into the previous books.  Boy!  My TBR pile just keeps getting bigger and bigger with all these great authors I have been learning about. 




FireSong (9781606191644): Aaron Paul Lazar: Books

ISBN: 1606191640
ISBN-13: 9781606191644


In conjunction with the Wakela’s World Disclosure Statement, I received a product in order to enable my review. No other compensation has been received. My statements are an honest account of my experience with the brand. The opinions stated here are mine alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges