John Carter

image0011

So this past Monday, I got to go watch John Carter in 3D!!!!  It was supposed to be me, my friend Krysta, and our friend Pat.  However, Pat couldn’t make it back into town in time.

Anyway, I had to wait until today (launch day for the movie) before I could post this.  I have been dying to post it since I walked out of the theater!!  The movie theater was packed.

First off, the movie is based off of the first three books in the Barsoom series by Edgar Rice Burroughs.  Yes, that is the same Edgar Rice Burroughs that wrote the Tarzan books.  The first in the series was The Princess of Mars written in 1912.  Now, I am sure you are wondering if a science fiction novel that was written in 1912 could still stand up to the test of time.  YES IT CAN!  WOW!

Not only did it stand up to it, it outshone it too! 

The actors that they chose to play the various parts were excellent choices.  The guy that played John Carter (Taylor Kitsch) is a gorgeous hunk that knows how to act well.

image0021

There was one character that really stole the movie though.  In fact, I want one as a pet!!

image0063



[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOBGjm2QfzE]

It’s amazing when you see this movie and realize how many other movies have taken from this story line. 

And if you are thinking that John Carter is some obscure character from a series written in the early 1900s, then you are wrong.  Not only did Edgar Rice Burroughs write 10 novels in the series, but there were comic books and even graphic novels.  Not only that, but there were movies based on the series. 

This is one action packed movie that you will not want to miss.  I was sad to find out that Disney will not be making any toys based on the series.  I would have loved to have gotten a Woola (the dog thing) action figure!  He is just that cute!!

In conjunction with the Wakela’s World Disclosure Statement, I received a product in order to enable my review. No other compensation has been received. My statements are an honest account of my experience with the brand. The opinions stated here are mine alone.

Comments

tracyann said…
I never have the chance to watch the movie but it seems that the trailer is good. He is really Gorgeous and the way he act was natural. Thanks for sharing the review of the movie.
My recent post תוכנה לשליחת SMS
Most significant masculine messages will need to seat and give honour around that the special couple.
Beginer audio systems face-to-face with loud throngs of people should always be mindful of my essential rule among bodybuilders including formal presentations, that's own interests self. best man speeches brother

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges