Code Blood

Code Blood

Book Description

 

Colt Lewis, a rookie fire paramedic, is obsessed with finding the severed foot of his first victim after she dies in his arms. His search takes him into the connected lives of a graduate research student, with the rarest blood in the world and the vampire fetishist who is stalking her. Within the corridors of high-stakes medical research laboratories, the shadow world of body parts dealers, and the underground Goth clubs of Los Angeles, Lewis uncovers a tangled maze of needles, drugs and maniacal ritual, all of which lead to death. But whose death? An unusual and fast-paced LA Noir thriller.

Book Review

 

This book really had me riding the fence.  There were aspects of it that I really liked.  The characters were really well written.

However, parts of the story just seemed so far fetched that it was truly a stretch for me.  And this is coming from someone who LOVES fantasy books.  I guess its because for the most part, the book seemed more real life stylization so the aspects that are beyond were just way too much. 

That being said, the plot was a little slow moving in parts.  It seemed like some of the book was a little overly descriptive.  I like things described, but I also like a little left to the imagination. 

So I guess I could say that I both liked and disliked this book.  Its not something that I would want to keep on hand to read again.  And its not like I would search out more books if this became a series.  But it was nice enough to read through fully one time.




Code Blood (9780979855139): Kurt Kamm: Books

ISBN: 0979855136
ISBN-13: 9780979855139


In conjunction with the Wakela’s World Disclosure Statement, I received a product in order to enable my review. No other compensation has been received. My statements are an honest account of my experience with the brand. The opinions stated here are mine alone.

Comments

tracyann said…
I have no idea about the book you review because I never read it before. I think that the story is the same as the blood sword but the twist is different. Thanks for sharing another book review that readers can read.
My recent post best gun accessories

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges