Harriet Beamer Takes The Bus

Harriet Beamer Takes the Bus

Book Description

 

In this new contemporary novel, middle-aged Harriet Beamer is forced to leave her home in Philadelphia and move to Grass Valley California because her children decide it's time. But Harriet doesn't take the change lightly and seizes the opportunity to make the journey of her life as she travels from town to town, city to city all the way across the country using nothing but local buses, trains, ferries, trolleys and the occasional hot air balloon, a motorcycle and an Amish buggy. But it is on this journey that Harriet learns that although her family thinks it's time for her to be put out to pasture, God has a different plan.

Book Review

 

This book was much more then I could possibly have ever imagined!  Harriet reminded me so much of my grandma.  She was a spunky widow woman who lived life according to her terms.  And that is exactly the way Harriet was.

Harriet didn’t want to go live with her son and daughter-in-law, but if she was going to be forced to move out there, then by golly she is going to do it her way.  And boy what a way it was.

I enjoyed reading her adventures as she travelled across country by public transportation.  I never knew what to expect out of Harriet, just as I never knew what to expect out of Nan.  The funny thing is that they both collected salt & pepper shakers!

scan0064

That’s a picture of my beautiful Nan with just a few of her beloved salt & peppers.  And trust me, if you knew her, you could definitely see her taking on the world as Harriet did.

I truly loved this book because it brought back the spirit of one of the most beloved women in my life.  I love and miss my Nan and felt that I got to spend some time with her as I was reading this book.

In conjunction with the Wakela’s World Disclosure Statement, I received a product in order to enable my review. No other compensation has been received. My statements are an honest account of my experience with the brand. The opinions stated here are mine alone.

Comments

@joycemagnin said…
Hi, thank you for the sweet review. I love the picture of Nan! What a hoot!

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges