Leaving Sophie Dean

image

Book Description

 

Adam and Sophie Dean's good-enough marriage could easily have lasted forever. But Adam succumbs to pressure from his mistress to leave Sophie, and in the course of his carefully prepared farewell speech, Sophie has a revelation: unless she leaves him in the family home in the role of primary caregiver, he'll have a severely diminished role in the lives of their two sons.

So while Adam continues to live in the suburban house he despises-with his two children and his angry mistress, who'd never planned for this turn of events-Sophie sets out alone into an alluring new life nearby, close enough to see her sons every day, but far removed from her former life of domestic drudgery. As she and Adam grow into their new roles, they discover what it actually means to act in their children's best interests, and that the end of a marriage can be a beginning.

Book Review

 

I really wanted to like this book.  Really, I did.  However, I could not bring myself to read more then a few chapters at best.  The characters were weak and whiny.  I can’t stand that.  I just did not find one character with any trait with which I could relate.

The plot line up to the point that I had read was infuriating.  I just can’t see that I would finish this book in any capacity.  So I am having to write up that this is a could not finish book.  I really wish it could have been different.  The book description really gave it a lot of promise, but it just wasn’t meant to be.

In conjunction with the Wakela’s World Disclosure Statement, I received a product in order to enable my review. No other compensation has been received. My statements are an honest account of my experience with the brand. The opinions stated here are mine alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges