City of Whispers

City of Whispers

Book Description

 

Private eye Sharon McCone receives an e-mail asking for help from her emotionally disturbed half brother Darcy Blackhawk. She replies . . . but gets no response. As Sharon digs deeper, she discovers that Darcy sent his message from an Internet café in San Francisco, a city he's never been to before. Sensing that her brother is in terrible danger, Sharon begins a search for him throughout the city. The investigation leads her to the body of a woman at the Palace of Fine Arts, where a witness had told her that Darcy was headed. Then, as she digs deeper, Sharon uncovers a connection to the unsolved murder of a young heiress to a multimillion-dollar banking fortune. Now Sharon must race to solve both murders and ensure her brother's safety, despite the imminent danger that lurks within her own family.

Book Review

 

I have certainly been on a mystery kick lately.  I just can’t get enough mysteries on TV or in books.  This is my first Sharon McCone mystery that I have read.  It is number twenty-nine in the series though.  And boy what a doozy!  I was drawn in rather quickly. 

I really liked the characters and the setting.  There was enough back story included that I didn’t feel left out not having read the first twenty-eight books in the series. 

There were tons of twists and turns.  The plot had enough grit and drama to keep me up all night reading.  I definitely didn’t want to put this book down.

I can’t wait to get my hands on more books in this series.

In conjunction with the Wakela’s World Disclosure Statement, I received a product in order to enable my review. No other compensation has been received. My statements are an honest account of my experience with the brand. The opinions stated here are mine alone.

Comments

Awesome book! Thanks a lot for sharing it with us!

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges