Come A Little Closer

Come a Little Closer

 

Book Description

 

America's Heartland, 1946. World War II has ended, and everyone is pursuing peacetime's bright promise with fresh energy and hope. Newly-arrived in a small Wisconsin town, Christina Tucker now dares to chase her long-cherished dreams: put her wartime nursing skills to use and reconnect with country life. But helping a shell-shocked veteran recover soon tests her determination and disturbs town memories best left buried. She has no choice but to turn to her patient's seemingly-irresponsible brother, Tyler Sutter. A restless ex-soldier, Tyler can't believe this pretty ladylike nurse can heal his family. Yet as Christina begins to understand Tyler's own fears, the two grow close, then closer still-as a terrible secret sparks one man's violent, vengeful spree. With both the guilty and innocent alike in harm's way, Tyler and Christina must face all their fears . . . or never live to see the future.

Book Review

 

This was a nice book.  It wasn’t overly done.  I do have to say that it took me a little bit of time to get drawn in completely.  It seemed to have a little too much going on in the beginning that I did get a little confused and had to reread a few pages just to make sure that I got what was going on.

The characters themselves were pretty likeable however flawed they were.  There were some characters that went beyond just a little flawed.  They were downright touched in the head, but that just added to the story.

This was my first Dorothy Garlock book that I read.  I might look into another book of hers to see how it is.  She is an okay author.  Not one that I would want to devour every one of her books.  More like one that I would pick up one of her books every now and then to just snack on.

In conjunction with the Wakela’s World Disclosure Statement, I received a product in order to enable my review. No other compensation has been received. My statements are an honest account of my experience with the brand. The opinions stated here are mine alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges