Rise and Fall: Book One of the Blood & Tears Trilogy

Rise and Fall: Book One of the Blood and Tears Trilogy

Book Description

 

An ill-prepared queen, a soft-hearted mercenary, and a crippled warrior struggle as a kingdom falls and an empire rises.

For years the High Mages of Cadonia have maintained an uneasy peace among the nobles disgruntled with the rule of the king. In the aftermath of a tragic event, Elyse, the king’s daughter, is thrust into a role she is not ready for. As queen, she must now determine who to trust while struggling to keep the kingdom from collapsing around her.

The Hell Patrol, a legendary mercenary outfit commanded by Jonrell, finds itself disenfranchised with their current employer. Recalling a promise he made over a decade ago, Jonrell breaks his contract in order to right the wrongs of his past.

On the continent of Hesh, the Blue Island Clan has long been ignored by its neighbors. Tobin, a warrior and son of the Clan’s ruler, struggles as an outcast as he watches his brother Kaz lead his father’s army to glory. Emboldened by a new friendship with a mysterious shaman, Tobin finds himself gaining the respect he always wanted.

An epic fantasy tale, Rise and Fall is the first book in the Blood and Tears Trilogy.

Book Review

 

I had received this book through a giveaway on LibraryThing.  I was intrigued by the description.

I am so thankful that I won it!  I did not want to put this one down.  I really liked the action in the battle scenes.  In many books, when they have major action in the battle scenes, you get a snooze fest in the scenes in between.  That definitely wasn’t the case with this book.

Joshua P. Simon definitely kept me wanting more.  I really loved the way that he was able to build up the action without going over the top.  Plus his characters were extremely well developed. 

I can’t wait to read the next one in the series.

In conjunction with the Wakela’s World Disclosure Statement, I received a product in order to enable my review. No other compensation has been received. My statements are an honest account of my experience with the brand. The opinions stated here are mine alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges