The Disease of More

The Disease of More: One Woman's 25-Year Recovery from Alcoholism and Food Addiction

Book Description

 

The Disease of More chronicles the childhood, young adulthood and current life experiences of Eleanor R., a woman who overcame great odds to recover from the diseases of alcoholism and food addiction. It is the true story of one woman's journey toward becoming the person she always wanted to be, despite her disadvantaged upbringing and her early affliction with addictions that took her to places of extreme shame and humiliation. Eleanor is every woman who struggles with self medication through food, alcohol and things. She is a mother, a wife, an influential public servant in one of the largest states in the nation, but still, after 25 years, she must get up each day and be vigilant against slipping back into cravings and her fears that she does not have enough. This book is an inspiring story of surrender and ultimate victory. Every reader will discover nuggets of Eleanor's hard-won wisdom that drive home the truth of her journey and the triumph of her courage.

Book Review

 

This book was difficult to read.  Not in that there were words I didn’t understand or in that it was written poorly.  It was more like it hit a raw nerve. 

Having a food addiction myself, it is difficult to stop and take a look in the mirror to see the truth hidden beneath the pounds.  And Eleanor R. definitely took off the blinders and took a long hard look at herself.  It was through her look in the mirror that caused me to start taking a hard look at myself and my life.

I honestly felt inspired to start making changes in my life.  I got rid of the truly toxic people who weren’t helping me in any way.  I guess you could say that they were dead weight.  Of course, nothing happens overnight and Eleanor R. takes us on her 25 year struggle. 

In conjunction with the Wakela’s World Disclosure Statement, I received a product in order to enable my review. No other compensation has been received. My statements are an honest account of my experience with the brand. The opinions stated here are mine alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges