Burning Light

Burning Light (The Protectors Prequels, Omnibus Edition)

Book Description

 

This is the omnibus edition of the Protectors prequel novellas. Includes:


Shifting Light
Though non-magic themselves, Sashe and her sister have grown up with shape changers, and now a deadly foe is out to banish the shape changing magic from the country. Sashe is forced to consider her survival when a friend of hers is killed because her father refused to help the Protectors. She's slowly falling for the new boy, but she must choose whether she and her sister can stay with the shape changers with their dangerous future. Should they decide to stay, how will they protect themselves against such powerful enemies?

Fire and Light
Sierra has always considered Evan like a brother, but suddenly she sees him as more. When he confesses his feelings for her, she shies away. Sierra thinks she’s brave enough to stay with the shape changers, but is she brave enough to risk her friendship with Evan?

The End of Light
An elder of the shape changers comes to Shyra with life-changing news. In her vision, Sashe and Sierra broke the curse the Protectors set on their family — by becoming pregnant. Yet many women have died from the curse. Sierra, Sashe, and their husbands must decide whether to trust the elders and risk their lives for a chance at breaking the curse.

 

Book Review

 

This book was definitely a slow starter.  I kept putting it down and putting it down.  However, I wanted to make sure that I gave it a fair chance to draw me in.  Thankfully, I did not give up on it.  After quite some time into the story, I was actually sucked into it.

The characters were quite static at first.  The author finally found her footing and the characters started to grow and blossom. 

One of the things that I liked is that I felt like I was along for the ride with them.  I had gotten to know them quite well. 

I am sure if Emily Ann Ward tweaked the beginning just a little, then this would be a masterful piece through and through.

In conjunction with the Wakela’s World Disclosure Statement, I received a product in order to enable my review. No other compensation has been received. My statements are an honest account of my experience with the brand. The opinions stated here are mine alone.

Comments

First off I would like to say awesome blog! I had a quick question which I'd like to ask if you do not mind. I was curious to know how you center yourself and clear your head prior to writing. I've had difficulty clearing my mind in getting my thoughts out there.
I do enjoy writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are generally wasted
simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any suggestions or hints?
Many thanks!
sperm volume said…
Thanks very nice blog!
Definitely imagine that which you stated. Your favourite reason appeared to be on the net the simplest factor
to take into accout of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed at the same time as
people think about worries that they just do not
realize about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest and outlined out the whole thing with no need side effect , people can take a signal.
Will probably be back to get more. Thanks
Check how your favorite penny stocks choice and grow of the Canadian market.
Penny stocks are the stocks pertaining to those companies exactly who are trading with very low offers.
A complete blueprіnt on getting on top of Gοogle and cashing wіth it with
thе comрletе wеbinaг at
http://gs.top-іnformatiοn.net/
Eating habits are more important than any kind of working out when it comes to obtaining a flat belly.
Awesome blog you have here but I was curious about if
you knew of any forums that cover the same topics discussed in this article?
I'd really love to be a part of online community where I can get feed-back from other knowledgeable individuals that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Cheers!
Check Here said…
A complete blueprint on getting on top of Google and cashing with it with the complete webinar at http://gs.top-information.net/
I've been browsing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be much more useful than ever before.
write my said…
It's an amazing plot judging by the review! Now I will read it of course
I completely am loving this site, absolutely going to need to remember to add this to the list.
Awesome as usual, keep up the radical work!
Barb said…
Share and get full information on how to get a brand new iPad 3 for free http://myipad3.
top-information.net/
I really like it whenever people get together and share views.
Great blog, stick with it!
Ima said…
Writе more, thats all I have to ѕау.

Liteгаlly, it ѕeеms as though уοu reliеԁ on thе video tο maκе yοur
ρоint. You ԁefinitely κnοw ωhat yourе
talking abοut, why ωaste yоur intеlligence on
just pοѕting viԁeos to уour blog when you
coulԁ be gіving us ѕomethіng infοrmative tо rеаԁ?
This is very attention-grabbing, You're a very professional blogger. I have joined your feed and stay up for in search of more of your magnificent post. Also, I have shared your site in my social networks
surfboards said…
Have you ever thought about publishing an ebook or
guest authoring on other blogs? I have a blog centered on the same information you discuss and would really
like to have you share some stories/information.
I know my viewers would appreciate your work.
If you're even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an email.
learn More said…
Grеat blog here! Also yοur sitе lоads up ѵеry fast!
Whаt host are you usіng? Can I get your affiliаte lіnk to your host?
Ι wish my website loaded up as quickly aѕ yours lol
It iѕ trulу a nicе anԁ useful ρiece оf іnfo.
І am glad that you ѕharеd this helpful іnfo wіth us.
Please κeep uѕ informed likе thіѕ.

Thanks fοг sharing.
Share and get full information on how to get a brand new
iPad 3 for free http://myipad3.top-information.
net/
Cost of an iPad 3 at http://www.freeipad3.allthebestproducts.
net? $0
Luis said…
Yes! Finally something about transmission fluid change cost.
A free iPad? Yes, you can get one!
thesis said…
The thesis writing service will trade their best dissertation close to this topic, thus, we find the reliable dissertation writing service and buy thesis theme right there.
Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems because though you relied on the video to make your point.
You clearly recognize what youre talking about, why
throw away your intelligence on just posting videos
to your blog whenever you could be giving us something
informative to read?
I’d have to talk to you here. Which isn’t some thing
I do! I enjoy reading an article that can learn people to
believe. Also, quite a lot of thanks for permitting me to comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges