The Intercept

The Intercept: a Jeremy Fisk novel

Book Description

 

Dick Wolf makes his literary debut with this tense, driving thriller reminiscent of the classic The Day of the Jackal, an extraordinary tale filled with the ingenious twists and high-wire suspense we have come to expect from this master storyteller.

Days before the July Fourth holiday and the dedication of One World Trade Center at Ground Zero, an incident aboard a commercial jet over the Atlantic Ocean reminds everyone that vigilance is not a task to be taken lightly. But for iconoclastic New York Police detective Jeremy Fisk, it may also be a signal that there is much more to this case than the easy answer: that this is just the work of another lone terrorist.

Fisk—from the department’s Intelligence Division, a well-funded anti-terror unit modeled upon the CIA—suspects that the event might also be a warning sign that another, potentially more extraordinary scheme has been set in motion. Fluent in Arabic and the ways of his opponents, Fisk is a rule breaker who follows his gut—even if it means defying those above him in the department’s food chain. So when a passenger from the same plane, a Saudi Arabian national, disappears into the crowds of Manhattan, it’s up to Fisk and his partner Krina Gersten to find him before the celebrations begin.

Watching each new lead fizzle, chasing shadows to dead ends, Fisk and Gersten quickly realize that their opponents are smarter and more agile than any they have ever faced. Extremely clever and seemingly invisible, they are able to exploit any security weakness and anticipate Fisk’s every move. And time is running out.

 

Book Review

 

I have to admit that when I received this book to review, I was extremely ecstatic.  I absolutely love all incarnations of Law & Order, Chicago Fire, and most of his other work. 

This was Dick Wolf’s first foray into the world of books.  And what an entrance he has made!

The Intercept gripped me from the very beginning.  It was interesting to see parts of it written from the terrorists point of view. 

I absolutely loved the character of the ever snarky Fisk.  I honestly never knew what to expect him to say or do. 

I don’t want to give too much away.  Because this is one of those books that will give you the unexpected and more.  Fast paced and truly exciting, this book definitely was one I couldn’t put down.  Even when my eyes were starting to blur from lack of sleep, I just had to keep reading just one more page.  And of course, that turned into another and then another. 

I actually finished this book in just one sitting.  If you like action/adventure books, then I highly suggest you get this one.  It is well worth it.

I hope that Dick Wolf writes more using Fisk as the main character.  I can’t wait to see what he comes up with for his next book!




Intercept (THE INTERCEPT): 9780062241634: Books

ISBN: 006224163X
ISBN-13: 9780062241634


In conjunction with the Wakela’s World Disclosure Statement, I received a product in order to enable my review. No other compensation has been received. My statements are an honest account of my experience with the brand. The opinions stated here are mine alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges