Moonlight Masquerade by Jude Deveraux

Moonlight Masquerade

Book Description

 

Jude Deveraux’s bestselling trilogy of Edilean, the small Virginia town where the surprising destinies of three college friends wait to be discovered, continues with this enchanting new novel. After being abruptly jilted, Sophie Kincaid flees to the place her friend Kim Aldredge calls heaven on earth. But Sophie’s first taste of Edilean is far from heavenly: after her car breaks down on a country road, she is nearly run over by a speeding sports car. A small act of revenge brings some satisfaction, and word quickly spreads that a gorgeous newcomer gave the driver, the notoriously bitter Dr. Reede Aldredge, a dressing down! But it isn’t the first time the fiery artist has gone too far for payback; a secret possession she carries with her could shatter her ex-boyfriend’s future. Reede Aldredge has secrets, too, including a desire to get closer to the beauty who is turning his dark world upside down. Under the night skies, their masquerade is magic—but will it turn to dust by the light of day?

 

Book Review

 

I have to admit, that I have been one of the few that has held out on reading Jude Deveraux’s works.  I had read something early on in Jude’s career and it just wasn’t my cup of tea at the time.

I received this book to review and kept putting it off.  Finally, I decided to go ahead and attempt reading it.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

The characters were so great.  I absolutely loved all the busy-bodies of Edilean.  Those three women who worked for Reede were fantastic!

Even though this was the third in the series, I hadn’t read the first two.  Don’t worry.  This one is completely stand alone if you haven’t read the first two.  However, I know I am planning on going back and reading them.  So I suggest you do the same.

I know that it says in the description that this is a trilogy, but I certainly hope that she rights more in this series.  I want to know what happens with Carter, Kelli, Donni, and Roan. 

This series is definitely a must read.  Now it has me thinking how many other books has she written that are just as great that I missed out on because I didn’t like that one early book of hers.

In conjunction with the Wakela’s World Disclosure Statement, I received a product in order to enable my review. No other compensation has been received. My statements are an honest account of my experience with the brand. The opinions stated here are mine alone.

Comments

Paris Hill said…
I have read this book and it is wonderful. Each and every sentence in it is written so beautifully.
[...] felt the same way as I did–or if they saw something in it that I didn’t: Oh Damn Books Wakena Runen’s World Fresh [...]

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges