Health Update

Well, things seem to be turning around for me.

I am still seeing that GI dr that my sister works for. The meds he put me on seem to be helping greatly!!! I just hope that eventually I will be able to eat salads and popcorn again.

I have been going to a new endocrinologist for 1 month now. I was diagnosed over 10 years ago with hypothyroidism. Last year I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's. During all of that time, I have NEVER been even close to normal range. After being put on Armour for only one month, MY LABS ARE NORMAL!!! Just seeing that paper today I was so happy. It was great. I had almost given up hope of ever having a normal life again. I miss the days when my brain would think rapidly. I miss the days when I was thin. I miss the days when I had tons of energy. I thought that it was out of reach. I was finally given hope again. Dr Abelove said that it will take my body some time to get normal again, but I should have no problem. Even though I was within normal, I was at the high end of the spectrum. So he is bumping my dose up just a little so that I am at the optimum level for me.

I just wish that my mom were still alive to see this. She was always behind me 100% for feeling better. She was always pushing me to go to the doctors and take care of myself. Heck, she even went with me a few times. It was just that all those other endocrinologists kept giving me synthroid or levoxyl. They didn't help at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges