Witch of Cologne

I just finished reading the Witch of Cologne by Tobsha Learner. This was truly a masterpiece. Every now and then I decide that I want to read a book that truly works out my mind. This was definitely one of those books.

Tobsha writes in such a way that I was transported back to the days of the Spanish Inquisition. I was able to imagine what it was like living as a Jewish Midwife back in those dangerous times. It felt like I was living right alongside Ruth as she delivered those babies. Then experienced her terror as the inquisition came for her. The mob mentality of those times was truly horrific. If just one person made accusations, then everyone would start to step forward. To make matters worse, in the midst of the horrors of the inquisition, the plague struck down thousands of people.

She creates such believable characters. At times you truly hate those such as the Inquisitor. Then other times you feel deeply saddened by his humanity and fraility.

I highly recommend this book. However, make sure that you have big chunks of time to spend reading it. This isn't a book that you can just pick up and read a few pages here and there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges