frustration with the system

Well, I saw a new thyroid doc a little over a week ago. Maybe almost two weeks ago. Hmmm... Time still has little meaning to me. Anyway!!! This doc put me on Armour! I had taken this stuff awhile ago and felt a lot better on it. Unfortunately, that was during the time I had no health insurance and had to order my meds from out of the country over the internet. Yeah I know thats not too safe. However, I couldn't be without thyroid medicine completely.

Anyway, this new doctor actually LISTENED to my complaints and concerns. I told him how all the other endocrinologists kept switching me back and forth from Synthroid and Levoxyl. I told him how even though I had been on all different doses of both medicines, I just kept getting worse instead of getting better. He immediately put me on a replacement dose of Armour. I haven't been on it too long, but I can already feel a slight difference. I know that it will take awhile for my body to recover. Hell!! I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism over 10 years ago and I have not had my labs even close to normal in all of that time. So that is a lot of damage that has been done to my body.

I get frustrated over how many different doctors I have been to. I get frustrated over how very few of them were willing to listen. They all just kept pushing their precious Synthroid and Levoxyl down my throats. Armour has been around for over 100 years. It is actually one of the cheapest thyroid meds around. Since the company that makes it doesn't go around to the doctor offices giving out all of their free crap, most of them don't like to use it.

I have been told by many doctors that even though my thyroid function is almost nothing, that I should be able to lose weight without any issues. I have been told my many doctors that the depression is solely from life events. I have been told that my aches and pains are all in my head. Finally, I got a doctor who was willing to listen to me!!

Ten years!! Do you realize how many doctors I have been to in 10 years trying to fix my health?? There are more people with thyroid problems then diabetes. However, more doctors are willing to listen to diabetics then thyroid sufferers.

Can you imagine what it would be like to feel like your entire body is on mutiny and be told that it is all in your head? That is what millions of people are constantly told.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges