Searching for my long lost shaker of salt

Well, my little trip down to Key West was pretty good. It was nice and relaxing for the most part.

We started our trip by stopping in Sloppy Joe's for lunch. The food there was pretty good. The guy who was singing was pretty bad. Bleh! Hey you can't have it all!

Afterwards, Steve wanted to go on a bi-plane ride so Deb and I went shopping. Magical word that is! Steve chickened out while sitting in the plane. We met up back at the hotel.

Then we treked down to the Southernmost point. Steve was bossing people around so that he could get the perfect shot. Bleh! Like I said, the trip was pretty good. I could have done away with his bossiness and beligerence. Then we toured the place touted as the "Southernmost House". However, there were like 2 places that were further south of that. Not sure what that was about. We walked back to the hotel to rest for a little bit. I was getting overheated and swelling pretty badly.

After our rest, we went to a restaurant on the boardwalk called "Turtle Kraal's". My coworker Caroll had told me about it. She said it was a great place to eat. The food was excellent. After dinner, we went on the ghost tour. That was completely awesome. We took the 9pm tour so that it was dark enough outside. Our guide was Heather. She was dressed all in black and carrying a kerosene lantern. We had about 60 people in our group and another group by the same company went out at the same time with about 60 more people in it. While out, we passed another tour company. The guide was wearing t-shirt and shorts. He was carrying a flashlight. His group only had 6 people in it. Hmmmm.... Guess we went with the better tour.

The next morning we ate at the breakfast buffet in Jack's. The first place we set off to was The Little White House. This was actually interesting. Having grown up in South Florida, I had never even knew this place existed. So far, 6 presidents have stayed there, plus many more dignitaries.

Afterwards, we went to the Audubon house. That was nice. The drawings of all the birds were interesting. The antiques in the house were extraordinary. I really liked that I got to see an old fashioned wheel chair.

Then we headed over to the Mel Fisher Maritime Museum. This was ok. I wasn't too impressed with it. It was extremely hot and stuffy inside. The exhibits didn't really catch the eye.

From there, we headed to Pirate Soul and ate at their restaurant, The Rum Barrel. This was definitely worth the trip! OMG!! The experience was great. There were interactive things. It wasn't like just walking around staring at things behind glass and nodding your head trying to act amused. They had this one place where you went into a small room. It looked like it was a storage in the hull of a ship. You put on headphones. There was a pirate talking to you and moving around the room (or so it seemed with the headset). There was a huge battle. The seat rattled and shook when the ship was being hit with cannon fire. It was so awesome.

Afterwards we went to the Key West Winery for a little wine tasting. We left with 4 bottles of wine: Blueberry, Coco dream (chocolate & orange), watermelon, and cranberry. I really loved the watermelon and I don't like drinking wine. Heck, I don't like drinking and I don't like being around people while they are drinking.

We then headed over to Ripley's Believe It or Not. I hadn't been to one of those in ages. The last one I was at was when I was 14 in Niagara Falls, Canada. It was interesting.

The last morning, we headed over to the Ernest Hemingway house and the Lighthouse. They were pretty neat, but by then my body was hurting so badly, that I really didn't enjoy myself. I pushed myself past its limits and then some.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges