Perfect Day - fiction

I could have killed him. He was supposed to have been here an hour ago. Where the hell was he? He could just go rot in hell for keeping me waiting. Today of all days.

So here I sit, under the beech tree just waiting for Conrad to show up. The breeze is so gentle. The leaves are talking to me in that soft rustle. Clouds lazily paint the sky white.

So he's late again. Should I really be so surprised? I would think not. I might as well just sit back and enjoy the afternoon.

Hearing a strange crunching sound, I bolt up to a standing position. "How dare you be late and then sneak up on me?"

"Well, Jen you were the one that decided to doze off," Conrad stated as he gave me his lopsided grin. "Are you ready for my surprise?"

He knew that I was more then ready. He had been hinting at this surprise for over a month. He just loves to keep me in suspense. We had been dating now for three years. The only thing predictable about him was the he was always late. Other then that, I never knew what he was up to.

Today was our anniversary. The past two years, he pretty much forgot about our anniversaries. He had promised me something special this year.

He led me down to the lake. There was a picnic all set up. This was definitely not like him. He never did anything romantic like this.

We sat down on the blanket. There was tons of food to be eaten. He also brought this delightful watermelon wine from this little place we found on our last vacation. It was called The Key West Winery. The watermelon wine tastes just like watermelon Jolly Ranchers. He knows thats my favorite.

After we ate, we laid back on the blanket staring up at the clouds. We could see bears, dragons, angels, and castles up in the fluffy white.

Suddenly a plane came through and wrecked the peacefulness of the sky. I noticed that it started spiraling this way and that. Puffy white trails were coming out of it. It was sky writing. Oh how wonderful! I hadn't seen someone do that in years. I laid there trying to decipher what it was writing. By the time he finished with the question mark, I was in tears.

Conrad had paid them to write his proposal in the heavens for me. He knew how much I loved the sky and the clouds. I could barely squeak out a yes. It was the most perfect day of all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges