Sunday Scribblings a day late

So over at the Sunday Scribblings blog, they posted a really interesting journal prompt. It really got me thinking.

When in your life did you feel the most powerful? Was it childhood? College? Now? What is that feeling like; what does it mean? Do you have power over your own life, or are you not feeling that so much these days? If you don't want to get serious, you might imagine superhero powers, and what you would do with them.

I would definitely have to say that it was my childhood. Those golden years of youth spent running around the streets. My parents didn't have to worry about the same thing that parents of todays younger generation have to.

I lived in the same house all of my life. My neighbors didn't change that much while growing up. So it was always the same ones. We were all buddies. We were there for each other. Of course we had our share of squabbles, but don't all kids?

I remember attempting to hold a magic show in my backyard. I had no knowledge of how to perform actual magic tricks, but all of my friends showed up anyway. It was fun. I never felt like I was being scrutinized. They just accepted me for who I was. I could be as serious or as goofy as I wanted to be.

Yes, I did have a few mean streaks as a kid. I was sort of the leader on the block. I was the oldest in my age range, but not by much. Plus I was the one with the pool. And my dad always spoiled us with candy and other junk food. So everyone wanted to hang out at my house. I felt like I was on top of the world. I never had to worry about having friends.

In fact, there were a few kids that were much younger then us that I didn't like. I would make them pass little tests in order to hang out with us. Of course, they would do anything that I asked. They wanted to be there with the rest of us.

Its strange how back in those days, I loved to be the center of attention. I never worried about what other people think. Now I always feel like people hold me under a microscope.

Now as for superpowers, what kid didn't think they had them. When I was in kindergarten and first grade, I wanted so much to be batgirl. I loved her motorcycle and her outfits. Towards the end of elementary school, I wanted to be Trelaina from Star Blazers. She was so pretty and cool. Yes, I know that its a little weird for a female to have liked stuff like that back then. I was all into anime, comic books and other things like that.

How I long for the days of yore...

And when did you feel most powerful?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges