A shift in the waist line

Well, today is weigh in day over at Our Wicked Ways. I only started reading that blog last week. If you are trying to lose weight, I suggest you head on over. They are a great group of people over there. On Fridays, everyone weighs in and posts their losses or gains. Its a great boost to have others right there along side of you in the struggle. You get to see how everyone else is doing.

Well, my normal weigh in day is usually Sundays, but I decided to weigh myself anyway. I had been cheating quite a bit this week due to stress at work. We have been working late every night this past week. Can you imagine, I didn't get home from work until 9:30 pm on Halloween. It was a real bummer.

Anyway, according to the scale, I didn't gain and I didn't lose. I stayed the same. I was sort of relieved that I didn't gain, but at the same time I was bummed out that I didn't lose.

Today at work we are allowed to wear jeans as long as we wear it with our official center scrub top. My jeans that I normally wear are getting too baggy on me. I have to keep pulling them up. Plus they are dirty. So I decided to go on an archaeological expedition. I went into the deep recesses of the jungle that is called my closet in search of some prey. There was no way that I was going to wear a full scrub set today. Fridays are my day to be in relaxing clothing. Anyway, after much searching, I found a pair of jeans that hadn't fit me in centuries. You know those jeans. Everyone has a pair. The ones that no longer can be pulled up past your hips. Yea those. Well, I stumbled upon those and decided to just see how badly I couldn't fit into them.

I was in for a shock. Its a wonder they didn't have to call 911 to send an ambulance over. I fit back into them. I never thought it would happen. But it did! So right now, I am doing the happy dance! Woohoo!

Hey, how many calories do you burn doing the happy dance? Can I count it as my exercise for the day?

Comments

Gellianne said…
Hello there! I can relate working during Holidays.It is All Souls Day here and still is a Holiday.I came from work ,got home at 1015PM.I spoke with a subscriber a while ago and she said how sad I was working while everyone is on vacation.
Wakela said…
One of my friends had come over to the house to take her son trick or treating. He just turned 3. I missed them. He got too tired and she had to take him home before I got out of work. I told her that she has to bring him by again in his costume so I can see it.
Danika Dinsmore said…
Congrats! I know that feeling. It's a great feeling. Isn't the Internet a wonderful way to stick together and support each other? We've all got something to deal with, might as well not have to go through it alone.

I've posted the next Weekend Writing Workout. Hopefully we'll get some more regulars. I know someone who does the exercises, he just doesn't have a blog to post them on.

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges