Soap Opera Sunday #1



So this is my first Soap Opera Sunday. Each week, they are hosted by someone different. This week it is hosted by Jenn in Holland. The following is a true story, but names have been changed.

Let's travel back a few years. The year was 1993. The place was somewhere in the south US. This was a time for risk taking for me. I had moved out of the house for the first time to a town where I absolutely knew no one. It was time for me to find out who I truly was. You have to understand that I didn't exactly have it easy growing up, but those are tales for other Sundays.

I found a job working for a small company doing customer service phone calls. Most of the people that worked there were in the early 20s just like me. That is where I met Chad, Robert and Jason. I ended up dating Robert while Jason was dating Sandy. I guess I really clung onto Robert since I was so scared living on my own. Jason, Chad and I all became really good friends. So when Robert decided to move back up north, it was those two who I turned to for comfort.

Jason came over to my apartment more and more often. He started seeing less and less of Sandy. Eventually, he broke it off with her. He told me that it was me that he cared about and no one else. We started dating and he eventually moved in with me. This made me happy since I hated living on my own.

Our friend Chad was having trouble with his roommates so I suggested that he move in with us. We had more then enough room for him. At first Jason was ok with this. In fact, he was happy since it would reduce all of our bills by sharing the expenses.

Even though Chad is a very good looking man, I never thought of him as anything more then a brother. He was always very kind and caring. He watched over me to make sure I didn't get into trouble. I really liked that. When I would have my really bad muscle spasms, Chad was right there to massage away the pain.

As time went on, Jason got more and more jealous of the relationship between Chad and I. He would come home and find us off in a corner laughing hysterically about something or other. This would set him off.

The final straw was when Chad jokingly flashed me. He had come out of the shower wearing his towel and did a quick flash. I honestly didn't see anything, even though secretly I wished I had. Jason forced him to move out and we moved away from there.

To this day I still miss Chad. I often wonder if I ended up with the wrong man. Then again, did I end up with Jason? You will just have to wait and find out.

Comments

Goofball said…
Yeah a new SOS author :-). Welcome!

Hmm sounds like Chad was a really great chap. I surely hope you didn't make the wrong man leave, but then on the other hand we wouldn't have fun SOS stories now.
Fourier Analyst said…
Welcome to SOS! Great start and it must be obligatory to leave us all hanging!! Looking forward to more but I do so hope for a happy ending!

BTW, know what you mean about your health problems. I suffer from Fibromyalgia (I went thru some of the same diagnoses as some of yours before we finally hit on the right one, so some of the symptoms are similar). There are days when it does seem easier to just curl up and die rather than keep on fighting these invisible but oh so real demons. Hang in there and good luck!

Catch ya next week, right?!
Le Butterfly said…
ooh I am not sure I could write about my Soap Opera. Funny thing to realise how such unreal things really happen.
Jenn in Holland said…
Hmmmm. You have certainly whetted the appetite!
Who did she pick? Who will it be?

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges