Silver Sparks

image

Book Description

 

The Larkin sisters are used to hearing whispers behind their backs. Being raised by hippie parents in the small resort town of Barringer’s Pass, Colorado, they were always considered oddballs, and for a while, they did everything they could to earn the name. But now, older and wiser, they're discovering that it's not so great to be the wild child, and are struggling to earn a new place for themselves in town.

When Maggie Larkin resists the come-ons of a sleazy actor in town to shoot a film, she pisses off more than a pretty boy and his manager. Turns out that Rafe DeLuca isn't just a movie star...he's possibly a killer, and Maggie's landed herself in more trouble than she could imagine. Enter Cal Drummond, cop extraordinaire, who's been trailing DeLuca himself for weeks, convinced that his recently murdered sister is one of Rafe's victims. He's determined not to let another woman be victimized by the dangerous Rafe, and if that means sticking like glue to Maggie, so be it.

Maggie and Cal seem like perfect opposites, but as we all know...opposites attract!

Book Review

 

OMG!  WOW!!!  This was the first book that I have read by Starr Ambrose.  It definitely will not be the last. 

When I got off the computer last night, I grabbed a book to start reading.  Well, let’s just say I didn’t end up going to sleep until 7am.  I could not put the book down at all.  I stayed up all night reading it from beginning to end.

I absolutely loved the characters!  Maggie was so fun and quirky.  Plus she is one woman that you would not want to piss off.  But if you are on her good side, she will be there for you no matter what.

One of the great things about this book is that everything isn’t crammed down your throat all at once.  You learn more and more about the characters as the book goes on.  And with each new thing you learn, more complexities in the plot pop up. 

I was grabbed into the story and it definitely didn’t let go.  I have already ordered her other 3 books off of Amazon.  I can’t wait to get them.  They will have to hold me over until she finishes writing the sequel to this one.  I have got to find out more about the Larkin sisters.  And since there are three of them, I am hoping that she will be writing a book for each!!




Silver Sparks (9781451623635): Starr Ambrose: Books

ISBN: 1451623631
ISBN-13: 9781451623635


In conjunction with the Wakela’s World Disclosure Statement, I received a product in order to enable my review. No other compensation has been received. My statements are an honest account of my experience with the brand. The opinions stated here are mine alone.

Comments

tracyann said…
Perhaps it can be a great book to teenagers, they can related on the story because it is all about family and childhood. Thanks for another great review you have shared in your blog.
My recent post סולידריות

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges