A Darkly Hidden Truth

A Darkly Hidden Truth

Book Description

 

Felicity has decided to become a nun. She departs to visit convents in spite of her mother's imminent arrival and Fr. Anselm's request that she and Fr. Antony recover a missing priceless Russian icon before the Patriarch of Moscow arrives at the community for Holy Week.

Felicity's discernment journey takes her to Rempstone, Norwich, London, and Walsingham, but her discovery of a friend's murdered body in a shallow grave, the disappearance of more icons, the shooting of a London art expert just after she visits him, the disappearance of Antony, and finally the abduction of Felicity and her mother teach her far more about motherhood, life, and love than she could learn in any convent retreat. Breathtaking chase scenes, mystical worship services, dashes through remote water-logged landscapes, the wisdom of ancient holy women, and the arcane rites of The Knights of St. John of Malta keep the pages turning. And will Felicity choose the veil--or Antony?

Book Review

 

The first book in the series was A Very Private Grave.  I did not have the opportunity to read it.  This book is the second in the series.  Thankfully, this author wrote the book in such a way that I did not feel like I was missing pieces of the puzzle that were presented in the first book.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book.  The characters were wonderful.  I loved how rich this story was with history.  You could definitely tell that the author did a lot of research for this book. 

The mystery had me hooked from the beginning.  It wasn’t one that was easily solved as there were enough twists in the plot to keep me guessing. 

I will definitely be going back and reading A Very Private Grave.  And I look forward to her next book in the series.  And since this was the first book that I had ever read by Donna Fletcher Crow, I had to check out her webpage.  Come to find out that she has another mystery series set in Victorian England!!  I will have to check those out as well.  Man, my to be read pile just keeps growing!

In conjunction with the Wakela’s World Disclosure Statement, I received a product in order to enable my review. No other compensation has been received. My statements are an honest account of my experience with the brand. The opinions stated here are mine alone.

Comments

Thank you so much for hosting me on your blog. I really appreciate your sharing my book and your review with your readers.
tracyann said…
Hi! I love the review of the book. In all the books I have read, I think that I never encounter the thrill it has. Thanks for sharing this wonderful review in your blog.
My recent post אילוף כלבים
Born27 said…
This is a very interesting book to read book to read! and that is why i'm so excited to have copy o f this. Thanks for the review. Love it!
My recent post Meetme Conference
Kandi said…
hi!,I really liκе your ωriting verу
a lot! peгcentage we communіcate eхtra appгoximately your post on ΑOL?

I need an expеrt in this house tо unravel my problеm.
Maybe that's you! Having a look ahead to see you.
First-rate ¡V I should certainly pronounce, impressed with your site.
I had no trouble navigating through all the tabs and related info ended up being truly easy to do to access.
I recently found what I hoped for before you
identify it in that the least. Quite unusual. Is likely to
appreciate it for those who add forums or something, site theme .
a tones means for the customer to communicate. First-class task.
.
dana said…
Nice Posting done by you. i always find you your blog intresting.keep on posting such nice things
My recent post I’m starting here…

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time No Post

Review–An Apple A Day

Review–Therabreath Mouth Wetting Lozenges