April Fool Tarot Challenge
I found some really interesting tarot challenges on Tumblr. I decided to go ahead and post them on my blog as well. You can find me on Tumblr here.
So the first challenge that I will be doing is the April Fool Tarot Challenge. Here is a listing of each day:
1. The April Fool Spread: Shuffle, and find the Fool. The cards on either side are “what to be optimistic about this month” and “what to be wary of, in case it’s a trick”
2. Tarot Garden: Go through your decks and see if you can find at least three different flower species depicted. Take a super aesthetic photo of this tarot garden!
3. The Sun Cross Spread: Shuffle and find the Sun. The cards on either side are things that will warm up your spring
4. Green Thumb: Find three cards (or more!) with green as the dominant colour. Do the cards’ meanings relate somehow? If differentiating colours is difficult, select one or more cards that mean “growth” to you.
5. The April Showers Spread: Pull a card to represent April showers (an upcoming challenge), and another to show May flowers (a potential positive outcome of this challenge)
6. The Spring Cleaning Spread: Pull (randomly or by design) a card to represent something that needs to leave your life
7. The “That Gross Dirty Melting Snow” Spread (I asked my boyfriend what spring reminds him of, which was a mistake): Tell your deck the beginning of a classic joke, and then pull the punchline. Guaranteed to be an experience.
8. The Diamond Spread: For the April birthstone, pull four cards to represent Luxury, Clarity, Strength, and Rarity for the situation of your choosing
9. The Blossom Spread: Pull a Blossom (something to strive for), a Stem (what to do to help you get there), and Roots (what you already have that will guide your journey).
10. Wild Cards: Take a photo of your cards out in nature (or if you can’t leave your house, with a sweet houseplant!)
11. Haiku: Pull three random cards to write a haiku
12. Sweet Pea: For the birth flower of April, talk about a card that always makes you feel good when you pull it
13. Rubber Boots: Pull a card randomly. Its numerical value is your puddle-jumping-armour stat. How wet are your feet?
14. Hanami: Pull a card (randomly or by design) to represent something that doesn’t last long, so needs to be appreciated while it’s here
15. Tea Time: Have some tea with your cards! You’re halfway through and deserve a break.
16. The Two Easters Spread: My family celebrates both new and old calendar holidays, meaning that we usually have two Easters a year. This year, both fall on the same day (today)! To celebrate, pull two cards: The Resurrection (a lesson you could learn from your childhood self), and Renewed Hope (a message you need to hear from your deck). Feel free to alter this one as is comfortable for your spirituality.
17. The Spring Fling Spread: Shuffle, then spread your cards face up. Are the Lovers closer to the Emperor or the Empress? Use this as advice in your interpersonal relationships
18. Fairy Tales: Pull a card or two to tell us what your life as a garden fairy would be like
19. The Aries Spread: For the last day of this sign, pull a card each for the four stars of the Aries constellation. These will represent Passion (something to pour your heart into), Impulse (something to follow your gut on), Optimism (something to lift your spirits), and Aggression (something frustrating to work on).
20. The Taurus Spread: Taurus has way too many stars for this (lol), so instead, pull a card each for its two horns. One to represent something wonderfully stable, and one to represent something just a little stubborn.
21. The Chinook Spread: Pull a card to represent a very rapid change
22. The Earth Day Spread: Pull a card (or two or three) as a reminder of everything the planet has done for you!
23. The Rainy Day Spread: Pull three cards suggesting your next rainy day activities
24. Tanka: Pull five cards to write a tanka (like a haiku, but the syllables are 5-7-5-7-7)
25. Spring Break: Build a house of cards as best you can. Share pictures, even if it’s kind of a mess (I know mine will be)
26. The Weather: Describe today’s weather using tarot cards! Maybe even try to predict tomorrow’s weather, if you’re feeling it
27. The Migration Spread: Place five cards in a V, like geese flying north for the summer. What are you flying towards?
28. The Arbour Day Spread: A pine tree needs all four classical elements to survive: earth to hold onto, air to breathe, water to drink, and fire to release its seeds. Choose one card of each suit to describe yourself.
29. Rainbow: Find cards in each colour of the rainbow, for the sheer aesthetic of it. If differentiating colours is difficult (or your deck is fairly monochrome), find a handful of your happiest cards and lay them out in an arch.
30. Sunday Brunch: You’re off for a lovely Sunday brunch. Which court card(s) do you invite?
Some of these will only work with tarot decks. However, others can definitely work with oracle decks as well.
The hashtag for this challenge is: #AprilFoolTarotChallenge
Join in and have some fun!